"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer"

I have recently created a clothing label but I haven't been blogging about it as much as I would like. If you are regular visitor here you know what I am talking about. The label is called novelteye apparel. At the time when  I started this blog I wanted to find a cool picture for my header to make it look snazzy but I couldn't find the perfect one. 
Talk about good timing! now that I have started my clothing line and I've done a photoshoot. I have just the picture for the job thanks to my good friend Michiel de Kruik. I uploaded my photo header (Gye Nyame tees) last night but I was too tired to write a post about it. I'm absolutely in love with it. I worked with Michiel on my look book for the collection. I love his work, he's an absolute professional, and a joy to work with. I had a lot of fun on set with him, he helped me out so much on the day, to bring my ideas into reality, but it didn't stop there. We have kept in touch, and he has been showing me the ropes on the photography side of things. I guess you could say that he has been a mentor to me and has also become a good friend. 

I couldn't agree more with the photography quote above. 

You can have a good product but if the photos aren't good you will have a hard time selling them. 


credits: photgrapher: Michiel, models: Edo and Jamila

No comments:

Post a Comment